Exactly 4 years ago in October 2002, I finally finished my 9th semester (extended!) in UTM and came home to Ipoh.
Although I enjoy my Uni life very much, there are really a lot of things that show that I am a loser at that time.
1. As a dean list student with a score of 96% on my final year project, I can’t find a company to take me for practical training, until the last minute Flextronics take me up as a pity.
2. I can’t graduate along with my other coursemates because I have to extend 1 more semester.
3. I wore my RM100 long-sleeve shirt that I bought for my graduation dinner and wear my RM50 handsome-yap tie, drove to Senai Seagate and waited 2 hours before it is my turn for the job interview. I screw the interview. The not-so-handsome who wear T-shirt and jeans got the job. Damn it!
4. Going after 3 girls, but all screw up. (note: screw up = failed, not screw in!)
What do I learned? (and you can learn if you want)
1. Doing well in academic and scoring 96% in your final year project doesn’t promise you anything in your future. It just make you feel more fucked up when you can’t get a job! BTW, I still keep my project here.
2. Should have study less and play more, go to mamak stall every night and visit JB every week! If academic result numbers mean everything, computer can select the right candidates on its own and interviews are not required.
3. Be a good boy can’t get you pass an interview. You got to lie your ass off, talk big and over promise. You have to pretend that you know everything. It doesn’t matter if you can really execute your job or not because you don’t even have a chance to execute anything if you can’t get the job in the first place.
To add a little juice to my explanation, after I graduated, I wrote 3 very long letters to 3 different banks begging them to approve me a credit card. All of them reject my application because I don’t have any pay-slips. Honesty and Be-A-Good-Boy is not the way to play the game. Shouldn’t it be easier if I just fake some pay-slips?
4. Girls? No comment. Ask playboy soufu to comment. Soufu, how many papayas have you pluck when you are in UM? Kekekekeke.